Join us in this fun and experimental course where you will learn a variety of intaglio and relief printmaking process and techniques. You will be guided through each step, with practical tasks to create your very own unique series of prints, postcards and fabric pieces. This is a hands-on course where you will use a range of tools, materials and equipment, developing skills that you can develop in the future.
BEGINNERS EVENING COURSE / 10 Weeks
- Monoprint: Mark making, hand cut stencils and raw materials. Using an etching press make a series of mono prints onto a range of papers
- Collagraph: Make and print a collagraph using a range of textural materials, colour ink and print onto a range of papers
- Lino: Design, cut and print a lino block
- Screenprint: Silk screen printing using cut stencil techniques onto paper
- Drypoint: Make a drypoint and print a series of prints exploring colour and Chine Colle
- Old apron or shirt
- Pack cheap paintbrushes in various sizes
- Pencil and pen
- Scissors and craft knife
Price: £185 including materials
Autumn Course Dates: Tuesday 19th September - Tuesday 28th November 2017.
(Please note the course will stop for 1 week during half term so there will not be a class on Tuesday 24th October 2017.)
Winter Course Dates: Tuesday 16th January 2018 - Tuesday 27th March 2018
(Please note the course will stop for 1 week during half term so there will not be a class on Tuesday 13th February 2018)
(Please note the course will stop for 1 week during half term so there will not be a class on Tuesday 29th May 2018)
Duration: 10 weeks
Time: 6.30 - 9.00pm
Breaks: Complimentary Tea & Coffee
Class size: 8
Booking and availability: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing your full name, email, address and telephone.
Booking Terms & Conditions: 'Please see terms of booking on the general information page'.