The intermediate course is designed for those with a background in printmaking. The course is tailored to help and encourage you develop your current printmaking skills and challenge them further. A fun and professional level where you can apply your own ideas and create a series of prints using a wide variety or print procedures. This is a hands-on course where you will use a range of tools, materials and equipment, developing skills that you can apply in future creative projects at home.
- Drypoint: Scratching an image into the surface of a plate, using selective inking techniques you will create a series of atmospheric post card style images.
- Collagraph: Make and print a collagraph using a range of textural materials. Make a small edition from your collagraph plate. Explore colour mixing, embossing and Chine Colle techniques
- Lino: Design a multi colour separation, cut and print a colour reduction lino block. Print a small edition onto specialist print paper.
- Screen Print: Photo stencil screen printing. Make a drawing and learn how to prepare and expose your design onto a screen. Mix colour and print a small edition onto specialist print papers.
- Etching: Create a series of small drawings, transfer these onto a metal plate, learn how to etch (bite) your plates, ink and print.
- Old apron or shirt
- Pack cheap paintbrushes in various sizes
- Pencil and pen
- Scissors and craft knife
Level: Intermediate and perfect for those who would like to develop their printmaking skills after attending our beginners evening course.
Price: £210 including materials
Winter Course Dates: Wednesday 17th January 2018 - Wednesday 28th March 2018
(Please note the course will stop for 1 week during half term so there will not be a class on Wednesday 14th February 2018)
Spring Course Dates: Wednesday 25th April 2018 - Wednesday 4th July 2018
(Please note the course will stop for 1 week during half term so there will not be a class on Wednesday 30th May 2018)
Autumn Course Dates: Wednesday 29th September 2018 - Wednesday28th November 2018
(Please note the course will stop for 1 week during half term so there will not be a class on Wednesday 24th October 2018)
Duration: 10 weeks
Time: 6.30 - 9.00pm
Breaks: Complimentary Tea & Coffee
Class size: 8
Booking and availability: Please email email@example.com providing your full name, email, address and telephone.